Cindy Crushes Programming: Miniature Secret Garden Tin
I found a picture on Pinterest and I was intrigued when I saw it. My teens have been very into Cottagecore and this craft looked like a perfect craft for them. It seems easy for the teens to do and I was excited.
- Tin (like a breath mint tin)
- Mini Hedgehog
- Mini Mushrooms
- Picture background found on the internet
- Hot glue and gun
- Color pencil
- Bag of craft moss
- Fake flowers. I use small ones with as many petals I could find.
- Measure the inside of the tin with a pencil on the image. Then cut out the image.
- Use the glue stick to glue the image into the tin
- Use a glue stick to glue flowers on the background.
- Plan where to place the mushroom and hedgehogs. One tip is to make sure if you want to be able to close the tin, glue the mushroom and hedgehogs on the side of the tin that is bigger.
- Glue the moss down. Then hot glue the hedgehog and mushrooms.
- Let dry
Final thoughts: This program was so much fun. I loved making it and seeing the teens make their own was amazing. This craft is a little more expensive but there was a huge sign up for it. People loved it. I would say to make sure it is no longer than one hour. It is a pretty quick craft.
Filed under: Cindy Crushes Programming
About Cindy Shutts
Cindy Shutts is the Teen Services Librarian at the White Oak Library District in IL and she talks programming every 1st and 3rd Wednesday. You can follow her on Twitter at @cindysku.
SLJ Blog Network