Cindy Crushes Programming: Take and Make Treasure Map Necklaces
Our Summer Reading Theme is Splash into Reading this year so we tried to find fun water based crafts to do. This was a very simple and easy one.
- Jump Rings
- Mini Bottles that have hookeyes (I got them on amazon)
- Maps (I found one online and printed it off)
1. Cut out the Map
2. Open The bottle
3. Roll map with image facing out and put it in the bottle
4. Put the cap on the bottle and screw in the eye hook in the cork.
5. Attach the jump ring to the eye hook. You can use pliers to open it or your fingers.
6. Then add the necklace in the jump ring and close it.
This is an easy and fast Take and Make craft. I loved making it and highly recommend it.
About Cindy Shutts
Cindy Shutts is the Teen Services Librarian at the White Oak Library District in IL and she talks programming every 1st and 3rd Wednesday. You can follow her on Twitter at @cindysku.
SLJ Blog Network