Cindy Crushes Programming: Unicorn Photo Frame
Why: I saw one on Pinterest and was like yup I can do that! It seems like my patrons would like this craft. I love unicorns.
- Frames: ( I use Dollar Tree) I went to Dollar General but that was out of my budget. I found glitter Frames which I used)
- Glitter Paper ( Horn and ears)
- Felt (Ears)
- Glitter Mod Podge for non glitter frames
- Scissors (regular and fabric if you choose to use felt)
- Flower and Puff balls
- Hot glue
Before Steps: I found a pattern for ears and a horn and I printed out copies for each of the patrons attending.
- Cut out the horn and ears on the paper.
- Trace the horns and the ears on fabric or felt.
- Cut the horns and the ears.
- Glue inner and outer ear together.
- If the frame does not have glitter you can use Glitter Mod Podge to add a nice shimmer. After this step, you need to let it dry.
- Glue the ears on the back of the photo frame to make sure you do not get it on the part of the frame you take out to add a picture to.
- I Sharpied the horn to give it ridges.
- Glue the horn on to the frame, I then glue the flower on top of the horn.
- Glue the puff balls on the frame.
- Let dry, then you are done
Final thoughts: I love this craft. It was really fast for me but the patrons took longer than I thought so I would use 1 ½ hours of time just in case. All of the patrons loved it.
About Cindy Shutts
Cindy Shutts is the Teen Services Librarian at the White Oak Library District in IL and she talks programming every 1st and 3rd Wednesday. You can follow her on Twitter at @cindysku.
SLJ Blog Network