Cindy Crushes Programming: DIY Shower Melts by Cindy Shutts
I love doing bath and body programs. I based this programming on this recipe.
Aromatherapy Shower Melts
- ½ cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup sea salt or Epsom salt
- up to 2 tsp of water
- Peppermint or lemon 10 drops 10
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Use Food gloves for mixing
- Mix dry ingredients in the bowl ½ cup of Baking soda and ¼ Epsom salt
- Add water slowly and mix. The mixture should stick together but not look wet. Add more water as needed.
- Add ten drop of the lemon or peppermint
- Move mixture in the plastic conditioner you should have enough for 2-3.
- Wait 24 hours for it to Dry
Final thought: This was a great program and when I get back to work I plan to do more programs like it.
Cindy Shutts, MLIS
Cindy is passionate about teen services. She loves dogs, pro-wrestling, Fairy tales, mythology, and of course reading. Her favorite books are The Hate U Give, Catching FIre, The Royals, and everything by Cindy Pon. She loves spending times with her dog Harry Winston and her niece and nephew. Cindy Shutts is the Teen Services Librarian at the White Oak Library District in IL and she’ll be joining us to talk about teen programming. You can follow her on Twitter at @cindysku.FacebookTwitterShare
Filed under: Teen Programming
About Karen Jensen, MLS
Karen Jensen has been a Teen Services Librarian for almost 30 years. She created TLT in 2011 and is the co-editor of The Whole Library Handbook: Teen Services with Heather Booth (ALA Editions, 2014).
SLJ Blog Network
2023 Caldecott Jump
Cover Reveal: This Book Is Banned – The Latest from Raj Haldar (With a Helpful Q&A for Spice)
Recent Graphic Novel Deals, Early Mar 2023 | News
Love, Family, and Mental Health, a guest post by Rajani LaRocca
The Classroom Bookshelf is Moving