The top 25 children’s titles at my school this year
It’s the end of the school year (hooray!). I didn’t need to run a report to see what our most popular books were, since I watch them go in and out of the elementary library every day, but I thought I’d verify my guesses. As our top 25 list shows, graphic novels were hot (Raina Telegemeier and Dav Pilkey could put out a new book every week and kids would still be clamoring for more from her—same with the Amulet series), Wimpy Kid is still going strong, and books nominated for the Maud Hart Lovelace Award (Minnesota’s “read and vote” award for kids) got lots of circulations (a fact aided by the pizza party kids who read a certain number of these books were able to earn). The titles on this award list included entries 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 14, 15, 22 and 25 on our top 25 list. What was hot at your school (elementary, middle, or high school) this year? Share your lists in our comments or find me on Twitter @CiteSomething.
- The terrible two Barnett, Mac.
- Dog Man : Lord of the Fleas Pilkey, Dav.
- Cursed Coville, Bruce.
- Fuzzy mud Sachar, Louis, 1954-
- Fish in a tree Hunt, Lynda Mullaly.
- Dog Man : Unleashed Pilkey, Dav.
- Minecraft combat handbook Milton, Stephanie.
- Crenshaw Applegate, Katherine.
- Webster : tale of an outlaw White, Ellen Emerson.
- Minecraft essential handbook Milton, Stephanie.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid : The Meltdown Kinney, Jeff.
- Smile Telgemeier, Raina.
- Amulet. Book eight, Supernova Kibuishi, Kazu, 1978-
- Book Scavenger Bertman, Jennifer Chambliss.
- The Hero Two Doors Down : Based on the True Story of Friendship Between a Boy and a Baseball Legend Robinson, Sharon.
- Pokémon : Deluxe Essential Handbook : The Need-to-Know Stats and Facts on Over 700 Pokémon Pokémon.
- Dog Man Pilkey, Dav.
- Dog Man : A Tale of Two Kitties Pilkey, Dav.
- Amulet. Book one, The stonekeeper Kibuishi, Kazu,.
- Guinness World Records, 2017 : Gamer’s Edition Glenday, Craig.
- Dog Man and Cat Kid Pilkey, Dav, 1966-
- Soar Bauer, Joan, 1951-
- Game Over, Super Rabbit Boy! Flintham, Thomas.
- Amulet. Book two, The stonekeeper’s curse Kibuishi, Kazu,.
- Last in a Long Line of Rebels Tyre, Lisa Lewis.
Filed under: Uncategorized
About Amanda MacGregor
Amanda MacGregor works in an elementary library, loves dogs, and can be found on Twitter @CiteSomething.
SLJ Blog Network