Christie says Goodbye 2013….
Everyone makes resolutions for the New Year… Mine for 2013 were:
How did I do?
- Straighten Desk: I get it somewhat straight- at least a little. It may be that I leave 15-20 minutes later than my schedule, but at least I have a clear place to work the next day. And, it’s always clear before I leave for an extended period of time…..
- Hug More: We definitely got more hugs this year…
- Breathe Deeper: Still working on the breathing. I haven’t really figured out how to deep breathe and release the stress like you are supposed to, but I’m trying to learn.
- Keep Schedule: I am working on calendars and schedules. Some days I make it, some days I don’t. I get laughed at about things, but it helps
- Love More: Definitely gave out more love, and while my heart might have gotten smushed in the process, I’m working on it.
- Star Reviews: I tried to star/rate reviews. I really did. My problem is that I don’t think of books that way, and what makes it an 5 star book for me could make it a 3 star book for others, or a 2 star for me could be a 5 star for someone else. That’s really a lot of stress.
- Declutter House: So did not happen.
- Eat Better & Exercise More: Always ongoing, right? Sure, probably didn’t do as well as I needed or wanted to…
- Read More: Always and always…..
Filed under: 2013
About Karen Jensen, MLS
Karen Jensen has been a Teen Services Librarian for almost 30 years. She created TLT in 2011 and is the co-editor of The Whole Library Handbook: Teen Services with Heather Booth (ALA Editions, 2014).
SLJ Blog Network