The Thankful List
Things for which I (Robin) am thankful, in no particular order of importance:
- Babies. Babies are the best. I have been supremely blessed by an abundance of babies in my social sphere this year, and for this I am truly thankful.
- Middle schoolers. I find them delightful. (Sometimes it surprises me, too.)
- Cats. My cats are particularly lovely, but I have to say I’m just thankful for their existence as a species.
- Educators. People who, like me, are willing to pour their lives and careers into the seeming abyss that is the current public education system.
- Social Media. I live in a region where my social and political views are neither popular nor, frankly, acceptable. It’s nice to not feel so alone.
- Books. Where would I be without books? I honestly have no idea.
- Authors. See #6.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
Filed under: Babies, Cats, Thankful, Thanksgiving
About Karen Jensen, MLS
Karen Jensen has been a Teen Services Librarian for almost 30 years. She created TLT in 2011 and is the co-editor of The Whole Library Handbook: Teen Services with Heather Booth (ALA Editions, 2014).
SLJ Blog Network
100 Scope Notes
Keeping an Eye On . . . the PEN America Book Ban Lawsuit
A Fuse #8 Production
Ellen Myrick Publisher Preview: Fall 2023/Winter 2024 (Part Four – TOON Books, Albatros, Arctis, and Barefoot Books)
Good Comics for Kids
Spider-Man Fake Red | Review
Teen Librarian Toolbox
Not the Mermaid or Monster You Knew, a guest post by author Robin Alvarez
The Classroom Bookshelf
The Classroom Bookshelf is Moving
A Conversation with Laurel Snyder