Book Review: Sparks by S.J. Adams
- Matters of the heart come first. Especially someone else’s heart.
- Be thou not an asshole. This is the point to all religion. Everything else is just commentary. But exceptions can be made for people who deserve it.
- Goest thou on holy quests- do amazing things. Silly, helpful, and seemingly pointless things are also acceptable.
- Taketh thou any detours or side trips or odd suggestions that come up, for they will lead thee to knowledge, and to adventure, and bring thee closer to Blue.
- Never put thy words in the mouth of Blue. Thou knowest not what sort of Spark of Blue is inside of thee, or what sort is inside of others. The entire Church of Blue is an educated guess. Remember this. Don’t get cocky.
- Floss thy fucking teeth. Thou only getteth one set.
- Weareth thou no garment that costeth thou more than a tank of gas.
- Thou Shalt Not Maketh Thy Home in Nebraska (Nebraska is bluish hell).
About Karen Jensen, MLS
Karen Jensen has been a Teen Services Librarian for almost 30 years. She created TLT in 2011 and is the co-editor of The Whole Library Handbook: Teen Services with Heather Booth (ALA Editions, 2014).
SLJ Blog Network